Monday, November 7, 2011

Harry Potter Rules
I finally finished my Harry Potter quilt.  It is done rather in the style of a Weasley.  My kids tell me that I am most like Mrs Weasley - so why not go all the way.  I think it is rather fun to go through each appliques piece, and figure out its link to the movies.  Keep in mind, many of these designs were done prior to the movies being released, so they done all match the movie.  I love this quilt.  It is very bright, interesting, and heavy.  Almost all the fabrics are fancy fabric, either satins, brochades, or drapery samples - oh and velvet.  This is a very tactile quilts.  And crooked.  I don't think the Weasley's would mind how crooked it is, so I am not fixing it.  The fabrics are quite slick - thats my story and I am sticking to it...I think I like Hedwig best, or the snitch.  And yes, the sword of Gryffindor looks more like a dagger - just adapt, that is my logic. 

1 comment:

Megan said...

This is beautiful! I love the styling and totally agree that this would fit in well in the Weasley house. I'm working on a harry potter quilt myself (though it's not nearly so large). Very well done!