Monday, November 7, 2011

3 New Quilts - Actually Completed before HP

This is "A is for Aubrey"  I made this one for Laura's niece.  Turned out very cute - and I used corresponding fabric.  Oooooo.  It is machine appliqued. Machine quilted, with decorative stitching.
 This is Holly's Mariners Compass.  These blocks are pieced, and then appliqued to the back ground fabric.  I quilted this on my home machine.  Between the stars it is free motion quilted, and the border and edges are stitched in a zig-zag fashion.  I also put some strategically place prairie points in few places around the border.  I re-learned those at the Olathe quilt guild meeting.  But I remember doing them as a child, with my mom.
 
 This little quilt was made for Faith, my co-workers daughter.  I also machine quilted it, and used decorative stitching.  My favorite part though is the felt flowers with pink button centers.

No comments: