Monday, March 29, 2010

Oh My Goodness


I almost forgot. I finished one of my little painted fabric quilts. I really, really wish the color was better. I absolutely love this one, except that the binding is uneven and the corners look funny on the binding....but with therapy....

I did free motion embroidery on the painted middle section, then the double border simply has a stitch in the ditch.

I am planning to enter a quilt or two in the Kaw Valley Quilt Show, what are your votes? I think I will go with the Geisha for sure...but then maybe a more traditional quilt..... I would definitely enter Scrabble, but it is currently in Oklahoma, so, that is okay.

Aunt Mary Ann wrote today, she has quilt fabric for me. I think I will print some pictures and send them to her, so that she can see I really will use it. I think she rather thinks I was just being polite when I said I would love to have it.....Never know what gems I will find in her lot.

Now I am starting to collect fish fabrics - SHOCKING - I want to do a fish bowl quilt.

Oh, and hope to have Doni's Fosters finished this week. Here is a little teazer for that one......J

1 comment:

Carlene said...

Great painting on that fish!
Carlene