Friday, January 14, 2011

Baby John's quilts

This is a quilt that I made for my other BFF Julie and her baby boy John. I actually had the quilt made in time, but forgot to get pictures of it, so I am just not getting it posted. I do like the applique with a satin stitch, especially for the playful quilts, however I am experimenting with traditional applique on a quilt I am making for my father. I still have at least 8 quilts sitting out ready to quilt, but slowly one by one, I will get them finished. I am quilting a flannel one on my home machine now. But the drive to start piecing a new quilt frequently out-passions the desire to machine quilt. And machine quilting anything over a baby quilt hurts my back after a while - although, technically, none of my quilts are over baby quilt size - so that excuse fails.














I read somewhere that you should always use stripes in your quilts, Yeah, I like it. I also like the stair step pattern that the yellow and purple blocks make.

No comments: