Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Finally Finished my Ode to Asia






I started this quilt last year, and finally finished it yesterday. The design is roughly some pattern I once saw in a quilting magazine, but I have since lost the magazine, and then I just made it all up. The back is almost as perfect as the front, actually, I do rather find it more interesting. The ladies at the quilt guild always show there quilts, then they turn them around and show the back, and say "oh I just threw the rest of the fabric together on the back..." Well laudeedau for them. Piecing that back easily took longer, and definitely more Math skills than the front ever did. I had the piece quilted by Kathy Gyles and I think she did a great job. The larger squares have lotus blossoms - and the rest is bamboo.

1 comment:

LindaB said...

Dear Jen, I love all of your quilts.
Thanks for sending me the email about your blog. I get emails that say they are from you once in a while about a "little video" but they require my cell phone number to get them and the one time I gave it, they didn't send me a password, so I wasn't sure it was really from you. I got the note about you moving. Was it a move to be closer to work. Do you like the new place? Miss you. Love,
Linda Baum